From just visiting the page, how well do you like it?

Saturday, October 8, 2011

In the Matter of the Ritual...

Dear Leader,
The annual rite of passage is a time-honored tradition, encompassing the very divine authority the people of Drominia hold. The young must learn through example, and create their own future with their most powerful tool; their mind. By changing that fact you endanger the very future of our race!
By eliminating the ritual, you risk the child’s untapped potential lying to waste, forgotten into imagination, and turned into fear.
You and I have been through the ritual, and both of us have become successful in life. You have climbed to our most prestigious position as our leader, and me, taking up the noble role of master scribe. I had hoped that our continuing race would thrive under your rule; I can see now that you held false hope.
Starting out with destroying our children’s imagination? I must say that this a sorrowful error. That is why I am writing to you directly about this travesty.
What would your father think? Or your mother? Do you honestly believe they would approve of this?
My childhood friend, I wish for you to reply to this, there isn’t much time before the time the ritual would have been.
It’s not too late.
Sincerely,
The Master Scribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment