From just visiting the page, how well do you like it?

Friday, May 20, 2011

The End of A Battle

The fire blocked out all escape. The fields were screaming and the ground belched smoke all around me.
I covered my eyes and my sword began to burn the palm of my hand.
Suddenly, the fire parted and let the most awe-inspiring moment in my life.
Absolute fear took hold of me as the horse dove through the fire with its shielded head bowed down low first entering the clearing. The horse held the power of a mythical beast as it's hid powerful chest shuddered with the graceful impact of its hooves gently trampled the ground. It sprinted through the inferno under the authority of a magnificent rider.
Wearing dark mail under the king's crest, he rode with one hand on the beast and the other holding man's bloodied paint brush. The rider kept his eyes on me through the slits in his long faced helmet, intent on putting me out of my misery.
Before he was on me I prayed to my god that this wasn't an ordinary man, but a messenger of death come to bring me free of this war and senseless destruction.
The angel now was here and in one swift, passing strike I fell to the heated ground below and experienced pure darkness which I welcomed openly.

2 comments: