From just visiting the page, how well do you like it?

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Aliens!

There I was. Minding. My. Own business. When the. Saucer. Appeared. Over. The plateau. In front. Of me. It spun. Slowly. In the sky. Like was to land. On that rock.
“Cut!  Cut! What is this? Star Trek? Why are you cutting up your sentences like that?”
I just thought it would make it more…sci-fi-ish.
“Well knock it off! I keep thinking you’re having a seizure or something. Continue.”
Anyway, I witnessed the saucer as it let down a ray of light where two figures dropped down onto the plateau.
“Too few, people won’t feel frightened by just two.”
Ok then, ten alien figures dropped…
“Too few.”
Fine! More than I could count appeared…!
“Whoa! Whoa!... Whoa! ‘Too many to count’? We’re trying to entertain people, not make them scared out of their minds about an alien invasion! We’re not doomsday prophets! How about we stick with just two? Go again.”
-sigh- Ok then, only TWO aliens appeared. I was staring in shock and awe unable to believe my eyes as the first one with its green skin began to hover toward me in a flying machine.
“Green? Really? That’s been done again and again, let’s try a more impressive color like… orange! With black stripes! I like that idea!”
Really? We are being invaded by Tigers? Fine… The orange and black creatures hovered over to me…
“Wait!”
What is it now!
-sheepish- “I was just going to comment on your imagery…”
Pause
“It lacks visual aid.”
-face palm- Visual… Aid… Really… It’s a flippin’ story!
“Stories can have pictures.”
Not when I’m telling the story!
-Indignant- “An artist can paint with words!”
Not literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment